This morning's news was about doctors being angry for schools going peanut free. They say children should be exposed to peanuts in order to not become allergic.
What an ignorant stand on the part of the doctor. A child that has a peanut allergy cannot be in the viscinity of a peanut without swelling up. This is a fatal allergy! A child could be standing in the lunch line, not picking up the peanut butter sandwich, but picking up what is next to the peanut butter, and then suddenly not be able to breathe.
Yes, non allergy sufferers should be around peanuts. They are a great source of inexpensive protein, too. So, the rest of us should enjoy peanuts and peanut butter AT HOME.