Friday, May 29, 2009

2 Weeks to Go and New Good News

Just wanted to note that I have just 2 weeks until the arrival of my new little one! I'm at that stage where I literally feel ready to pop. I can't eat much at a time, I have constant heartburn because my stomach is next to my neck, and everything I do is getting uncomfortable. BUT, with only 2 weeks, I shouldn't complain. Just do what I can, right?
Thought you might be interested in some new research I've read up on. All positive!
A new study relates caffeine conusmption to muscle pain relief! Isn't that good news, coffee folks? And it's a realistic amount, too, like 3 cups a day could reduce our exercise-related muscle soreness!
And now, for us musicians, the studies prove that music and music therapy relieve pain, calm anxiety, and ward off depression. Well, we knew that, didn't we?
All of this information is from the most recent studies reported at the American Council on Exercise (www.acefitness.org).
Speaking of music, we all know that the right songs get us moving and help us calm down at the end of the exercise. Don't underestimate the power of strong music. Update your ipod! And if you haven't yet, try www.motiontraxx.com. I tried it, and it did make my 50 minute cardio workout move along faster.

No comments: