I had to keep the previous blog brief. Here are some more things to do for 21 days to really kick the health quotient up.
1. eat your fruits and veggies. go for a baseball size of fruit or veggie with every meal, and at least one snack every day.
2. get your fiber. start your day with a high-fiber cereal (like All Bran or Fiber One or good old fashioned oatmeal), fill up on veggies, beans, and legumes.
3. lower your salt intake. don't cook with salt, and definitely don't add it on the table. Try pepper spices and no-sodium alternatives. for snacks, if you are a salty snacker, move to Soy Crisps or flavored popcorn cakes instead of chips, and slowly reduce your intake of those.
4. less sugar. You can switch your sugar add-ins with Splenda for a while and slowly reduce the amount you use. Definitely go for sugar-free prepackaged snacks like sugar free yogurt. Get rid of the junk food in your house and replace it with simpler snacks. Need a fix? Try a fudgsicle or a tootsie roll. They are sweet without packing on the calories.
5. reduce your stress. If exercise, diet, and sleep schedule do not fix the stress issue, look into alternative therapies like massage therapy and acupuncture. Stress affects everything on this list, so we want to work it down to a push of happiness intead.