Here is where we get even more honest with each other. Is there something OLD that you are carrying around that manifests itself as extra weight? Is it like a huge boil on you that you can't shake? A lie you tell yourself? A lie you tell someone else? Now, you need to be honest. Write it down just for you. When you get in touch with reality, you can start to take the negativity away. Here are some lies people tell themselves. See if you relate:
-I'll just eat/drink this once, and I won't ever need to again!
-I'll work out tomorrow.
-Monday is my new diet and exercise day!
-I can smoke and be healthy
-I can drink a bottle of wine/six pack of beer every day and be happy and healthy
-I'm only going to live this unhealthy lifestyle until....
What is wrong with all of these statements we tell ourselves? You are not being honest with where you are and where you are going! It's time to turn those statements in to honesty!
-I have a problem with overeating/overdrinking, and I need help with my addiction.
-I don't want to work out.
-I don't want to change my eating habits.
-I can not smoke. At all. Any more. And I need help with that.
-I need to review my relationship with alcohol and put it in perspective.
-I am choosing to live an unhealthy lifestyle.
OK. Now, we are being honest. What should you do about it?
1. Get the help you need. If you have an addiction problem, a doctor or trained professional can help with that.
2. Get on an exercise program. Today. And do it tomorrow. And the next day.
3. Start eating good, fresh foods. Now. Don't even wait until tomorrow. And dump the trashy foods that you have in your pantry or fridge. Now.
4. Choose a healthy life. There are plenty of resources. There are professionals, websites, self help books, videos, online tutors, and ways of accessing information like never before. Do it now. Don't wait. Start walking. Start moving. Start eating vegetables. Start researching recipes, workouts, etc. Dump the dumpy food. Now.
Ok, now we are getting somewhere. Give yourself a new truth.
1. I need help and I am going to seek it. Now.
2. I deserve a healthy life and I am going to seek it. Now.
3. I deserve to feel wonderful. I am going to start. Now.